This Mental Health Awareness Week Royal Association for Deaf People have shared a powerful video from Karen.
Trigger Warning: This video has mentions of self-harm, suicide and mental health topics. Deaf people are twice as likely to experience mental health issues such as anxiety and depression. It is critical that every deaf person has access to health care and mental health support in BSL – this includes important services that support positive mental health and wellbeing. In this deeply personal video Karen explains why. For more information and advice, the following services can help:
– RAD Live Chat: http://www.royaldeaf.org.uk/
– SHOUT Crisis Text Service: https://signhealth.org.uk/with-deaf-p…
– Mind: https://www.mind.org.uk/
– Rethink: https://www.rethink.org/
– Your local GP If you have been affected by this story, please contact us on Live Chat http://www.royaldeaf.org.uk/ – we are here Monday to Friday 9am-9pm and Saturday and Sunday 2pm-6pm. Take care and remember, if you are feeling worried about mental health and wellbeing (your own, or someone else’s) you are not alone – we are here to help.