Location: North East
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Deadline: 6 June 2021
ETE advisors will hold the professional relationship with the Responsible Officer to support Service Users into sustainable work and training through one-to-one and group interactions. ETE Advisors will help Service Users progress towards and into work, apply for jobs and perform well in interviews.
- Maintain operational liaison with local Responsible Officers to manage casework requirements
- Proactively manage a caseload of Service Users in line with the information contained within the Referral provided by the Responsible Officer.
- Support and move Service Users towards education, training and employment in line with the Service delivery model
- Conduct a diagnostics assessment with all referred Service Users to assess the appropriate level of support required for their journey towards education, training and/or employment.
- Prepare and agree individual action plans.
- Provide intensive support to all Service Users on a one-to-one basis and in group settings dependent on the needs identified by the diagnostic assessment.
- Motivate and engage Service Users to maximise take-up of education, training and skills opportunities and to find and sustain suitable employment
- Deliver the suite of ETE workshops to groups of Service Users
- Support CV writing, cover letters and job applications to a high-quality standard
- Conduct local job searches via newspapers, internet, contacting employers and cold calling
- Coach and prepare Service Users for job interviews and assessments
- Provide in work support to Service Users where required
- Make appropriate referrals to Functional skills provision
- Be Alert and responsive to behaviour, information or changes which could indicate a change in Riak of Serious Harm
- Respond appropriately to challenging behaviour (including Unacceptable Behaviour) in order to de-escalate tension, enable Service User to manage strong feelings and to ensure their own safety and that of others.
- Understand risk assessment as compatible with role and grading and to ensure appropriate consideration of risk when placing service users into employment or mainstream provision.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal teams in order to promote the benefits of ETE and support appropriate referrals to external provision and the ETE service.
- In line with our ETE Partnership Strategy, develop relationships with relevant partner agencies in order to enhance the ETE opportunities available to our Service Users.
- Achieve outcomes in accordance with contractual KPIs and the Performance Management Framework.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety needs of individuals and groups are appropriately met.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures appropriate to both the Ingeus and to the probation sector
- Undertake any other duties which fall reasonably within the nature, grade and responsibilities of the post, subject to regular review of this job description to reflect any significant and permanent changes.
- Understanding employer engagement practices and knowledge of the local labour market.
- Knowledge of national and local initiatives in relation to learning skills and employment.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and legislation in relation to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment and developing partnerships
At Ingeus, we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, including a positive working environment and as a disability confident leader, we believe in changing lives for the better. We welcome applications from all parts of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or background.
06 Jun 2021