Job type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £24,982 - £27,741 per annum
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
The Learning and Skills Service delivers employment and skills support to residents across Northumberland Our ambition remains stronger than ever – we want every resident of Northumberland to have the opportunity to develop skills that can help them to retrain, find employment, advance their career or try out something new.
The primary function of an Employment Coach role is to manage a caseload of customers supporting them to move back to the labour market quickly. You will deliver an exceptional service to local people helping them to access a coordinated offer of labour market support and a clear and accessible route to employment, in both established and growing industries. It is expected that you will be able to move away from traditional direct delivery mechanisms to deliver remotely when needed and be innovative and responsive to residents' labour market support needs.
- Will provide jobseekers with a personalised programme of support leading to sustained employment, informed by local labour market needs
- Have an eye for detail and the ability to complete accurate and compliant customer paperwork and financial record
- Be able to use appropriate mechanisms to track and monitor participants, ensuring quality, compliance and data measures are adhered to.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in achieving performance and quality assurance targets in line with contractual needs
We are looking for an individual who has the passion, drive and enthusiasm for making a positive impact to those displaced in the labour market, or those who have long term barriers including health conditions. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and caseload management skills, a performance-driven approach to meeting targets and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. It is essential that you can be responsive to new demands with a flexible and can-do attitude. On a day to day basis you will work with partners and stakeholders including Jobcentre Plus, so you must be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
The service will be coordinated by NCC’s Employability and Skills service and you will work on an outreach basis across Northumberland and or/virtually. You will cover either the North of the County ( Alnwick and Berwick) or be based in the Southeast of Northumberland.
This is a fixed term contract for 2 years.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £24,982 - (Salary range is £24,982 - £27,741)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to meeting programme and business need)
- Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.