Location: Bradford, Keighley & Skipton areas. (Regional office is based in Sheffield)
Job Type: Permanent/Part-Time/full-time
Salary: £25,220.00 per annum (annual increments based on performance)
- 30 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- 6% matched pension scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Full study support package for Level 4 NVQ in Advice and Guidance
- Support fully flexible working
- Voluntary benefits including health cash plan, ride to work scheme, and retail discounts.
About the organisation
Education Development Trust has first-rate credentials in providing services that bridge the gap between education, training, and employment. We have been a leading careers service provider in the UK for over 20 years and have a successful track record of managing programmes delivering careers, employment, and skills support.
- Provide careers advice and guidance in a one-to-one setting or group workshops to support customers with their career aspirations
- Help customers identify and consider the range of choices available to them and outline possible ways forward, using a range of tools and resources
- Undertake administration duties to ensure that all delivery evidence is complete and compliant in line with contract and quality standards
- Produce an action plan for employment, education, and training to help customers achieve their goals
- Discuss with customers how to overcome any barriers to reaching their goals and signpost them to other agencies for advice where appropriate.
- Business Develop to attract new customers and partnerships to the service, this could include community organisations, Job Centre Plus, training providers and Higher Education
The right person:
- Enjoy working with people to help them achieve their ambitions
- Have a professional but friendly attitude
- Have an open-mind and be non-judgemental
- Want to make a difference and be able to bring out the best in others
- Be approachable and articulate
- Be organised and methodical
- Have excellent administration and IT skills
- Have demonstrable experience in the use of social media platforms
- Have a willingness to learn about the world of career information, advice & guidance for adults
- Have a collaborative approach and be able to demonstrate building and maintaining effective internal and/or external relationships
- Level 4 qualification in Careers Guidance
- Have access to your own vehicle and a full driving license (due to COVID-19 Advisers will be working remotely initially but travel is essential once relevant community venues etc reopen).
At Education Development Trust we employ great people from different walks of life who are passionate about their jobs and helping those who are looking for their next opportunity. We are very proud of our diverse workforce, and we promote a flexible working environment and fully understand how important it is to fit work around family life and other commitments, especially in the current climate.
Our Careers Advisers are expected to work flexibly and independently but will be supported as part of the wider team. Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with adults on an individual and group basis.
Deadline for applications: Midnight Sunday 30th January (Please note, we reserve the right to close our vacancies early if sufficient applications are received).
Getting to know you and us (Assessment Day): 7th February 2022 (10am - 11am) via Microsoft Teams.
Interviews: To take place on the 7th, 8th 14, & 16th February via Microsoft Teams.
How to apply: To be considered for this vacancy, applicants are required to complete and submit a fully completed application form through our website at