Full Job Description
Fedcap Employment (part of The Fedcap Group) is a not-for-profit organisation delivering employability solutions across a range of UK contracts through a blend of local frontline professional teams. Our services are more vital than ever before to individuals and their wider communities as we tackle unemployment rates head on.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will install a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology to deliver continuous improvement. The Continuous Improvement Manager will identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking. This will include working with key business stakeholders to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change.
- To assist in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy and culture
- To lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based workshops to drive ideas and solutions
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working. Resulting in a minimum 3% cost reduction year on year
- Maintain an intelligence led calendar which focuses on identifying trends and process variations, as part of the continuous improvement strategy, driving significant target areas over the CI cycle with a quarterly focus to demonstrate real improvements and impact on services
- To work with the project management office implementing change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls, driving process change using people interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Working with the PMO to actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance as well as escalating any risks
- Working with the PMO to ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on, and managed at all times
- Establishing the business-wide improvement programme providing leadership and support to deliver and record tangible results.
- Building Trust with departmental teams through direct engagement and strong relationship building
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills along with high level of integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach and mentor to drive improvement activities
- Natural communicator with a strong sense of urgency and able to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- A collaborative and hands on leader of cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to think/act both strategically and tactically
- System Thinker – ability to see and understand overall picture.
- Integrity under pressure
- Analytical thinker
The successful candidate should be flexible and willing to travel where required.
What else can we offer you?
- You won’t work on weekends or bank holidays!
- A monthly benefits scheme worth £500 with access to over 900 retailers
- A cycle to work scheme that is open all year long!
- Laptop and mobile phone for every employee!
- Employee assistance programme (EAP). A telephone service offering various support services including emotional support, stress helpline amongst others.
- The opportunity of an Institute of Employability Professionals (IEP) qualification for all employees
- A two-week Induction and training programme
- Company annual leave, including a buy/sell scheme
- Free life cover!
- Pension with a 4% match from Fedcap
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Fedcap Employment is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity.
Fedcap Employment is a Disability Confident Leader employer and as such, any candidate with a disability will not be excluded unless the candidate is unable to perform a duty intrinsic to the role, having considered reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.