We are recruiting for one position to work across the North East. We have offices in Ashington, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Shields, South Shields, Sunderland, Darlington, Durham, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Stockton. The successful candidate will have an office location but will on occasion be expected to travel to other sites.
Ingeus ETE services is tailored to the assessed individual needs of 18+ Male Service Users on community orders and post-release licences as part of the community Probation system. ETE Advisors provide Service User support to obtain or maintain education, training and employment; improve self-development and employability skills; and overcome barriers to education, training and employment.
- Hold the professional relationship with the Responsible Probation Officer (RO) to support Service Users through one-to-one and group interventions
- Proactively manage a caseload of Service Users in line with the information contained within the Referral provided by the RO and maintain operational liaison with RO to manage casework requirements
- Support and motivate Service Users towards education, training and/or employment readiness in line with the Service delivery model
- Conduct a diagnostics assessment with all referred Service Users to assess the appropriate level of support required for their journey towards education, training and/or employment.
- Provide intensive support to all Service Users on a one-to-one basis and in group settings dependent on the needs identified by the diagnostic assessment.
- Prepare and agree individual action plans.
- Deliver the suite of ETE workshops to individuals and/or groups of Service Users, eg, support CV writing, cover letters, job applications and disclosure to a high-quality standard and local job searches
- Coach and prepare Service Users for job interviews and assessments, as appropriate
- Provide in work support to Service Users where required
- Make appropriate referrals to external training organisations and/or colleges to meet identified training needs of SU, as appropriate
- Be Alert and responsive to behaviour, information or changes which could indicate a change in risk of serious harm
- Respond appropriately to challenging behaviour (including Unacceptable Behaviour) in order to de-escalate tension, to enable Service User to manage strong feelings and to ensure their own safety and that of others.
- Undertake any other duties which fall reasonably within the nature, grade and responsibilities of the post.
- Support Service Users to engage with mainstream services to provide ongoing support beyond CRS
- Work alongside integrated specialist support from partners CGL and Leonard Cheshire.
- Will demonstrate a passionate and proactive approach to case management and their own personal development
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and legislation in relation to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- Understanding employer engagement practices and knowledge of the local labour market.
- Knowledge of national and local initiatives in relation to learning skills and employment.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment and developing partnerships
- Ability to drive and own a car as travel will be required
- Confident and ICT literate
At Ingeus, we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, including a positive working environment and as a disability confident leader, we believe in changing lives for the better. We welcome applications from all parts of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or background.
30 Jan 2022