Full Job Description
Looking to join an Employee Owned Company?
Apply today to join our employee ownership team and be part of shaping the future and people lives. Itec was founded 40 years ago and we are one of the most vocationally diverse employee owned independent training providers. Delivering Apprenticeships, Jobs Growth Wales +, Restart and Commercial contracts we provide qualifications, education and employability skills supporting the social and economic potential of the people and communities in which we work.
In-Company Training Consultant
We are currently looking to recruit a In-company Training Consultant to effectively manage and
establish, build and nurture long term business relationships that generate business with new and existing clients to enable the company to achieve sales targets. Play an active part in the selling and endorsement of all services, across all contracts.
Salary Banding: £28,000 – £30,000
Base Location: The role will be based at our Sister company, The-Centre for Strategy and Communication, London.
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday, Working 9:00am to 5:00pm
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for generating business with new and existing clients through various sales activities,
- Responsible for the effective promoting of Apprenticeship programmes and Traineeships services to client base and passing these to the Funded Services Consultants to follow up
- Responsible for building and maintaining successful, efficient, and strategic relationships with clients, identifying repeat business opportunities
- Work with the Programme Manager to formulate a management account approach for designated clients including targets for customer satisfaction, retention and future sales growth.
- Maintain commercial and marketplace knowledge to identify business opportunities arising in the marketplace
- Responsible for managing and coordinating bookings.
- Responsible for managing assigned booking enquiries and processes, ensuring all bookings are processed and recorded correctly on Management Information Systems / Trackers, managing booking transfers and cancellations informing relevant parties in a timely manner
- Accountable for rate negotiation within company agreed standards, working with management, where appropriate, to ensure financial margins are achieved
- Accountable for dealing with aftercare and client service calls in a timely and professional manner, identifying any follow up action required
- Effectively manage and record complaints through to resolution. Escalation of complaints to senior management as required
- Accountable for reporting sales activity, enquiry conversation rates, bookings, income, data and forecasts on a regular basis to Senior Management and Board in accordance with business requirements
- Accountable for maintaining and reporting financial information to the finance department as required. Liaising with management and finance in respect of invoices and any discrepancies
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working in a commercial target driven environment
- Sales and customer service experience
- Relationship management experience
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Attention of detail and analytical skills
- Experience of working in a training / HR / L&D environment
- Account management experience
- Knowledge of the training and development sector
- Safeguarding & Prevent Knowledge and understanding
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyesight care scheme
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS discount card
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday