Full Job Description
Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that’s how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’. Our employability team generally work with adults who are further away from the employment market and support them in gaining a qualification but also boosting their confidence and other soft skills. Our LCG head office is based in County Durham, but our employability provision operates nationally!
To view the full job description, please click here
You’ll need these important qualities:
- A genuine desire to help unemployed learners transform their lives
- The ability to inspire and mentor adults to achieve.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good administration skills
- Appropriate classroom management
- Appreciation of the needs of unemployed learners
- Deliver a timetable of teaching, learning and assessment as agreed with the Tutor Manager
- To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
- Completing the e registers in a timely manner to the required standards
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
- Learner requirements are dealt with quickly and effectively
- To deliver teaching, learning and assessment ensuring a positive learner experience and timely achievement.
- To ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting of smart targets
- Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the IV to ensure quality improvement
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD.
- Contribute where appropriate to learner disciplinary action requirements
- Attending standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners in-line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
We love to develop our people so even if you don’t meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Hold a L3 teaching qualification or be working towards one (AET, PTTLS, PGCE, CertEd)
- Occupational competency within the sector – for example Nursey Manager or an alternative childcare setting
- Relevant L3 Childcare sector qualifications
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
We have a huge range of perks which you can look at here
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don’t quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.