Full Job Description
Employment Adviser – Winchester- ReStart
You would be joining Palladium, a global impact organisation, with 3,000 employees in over 90 countries. We are a mission-driven business, for whom the impact of our work is as important as the commercial return; the common feature of all our work, regardless of contract size, is the requirement that it contributes to positive social and economic impact. We simply call this ‘Positive Impact’. For the past 50 years, we have been helping our clients to see the world as interconnected in over 90 countries- by formulating strategies, building partnerships, and implementing programmes that deliver lasting positive impact. We are experienced in implementing large, complex programmes supporting skills and employment and are currently delivering 30 programmes for the UK Government.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We actively encourage applicants looking for diverse working patterns to apply.
Offer for the role are subject to DBS clearance.
Project Overview and Role:
The Restart programme offers enhanced support to Universal Credit claimants who have been out of work for at least 12 months to find jobs in their local area. Starting at the end of June 2021, it will benefit more than 1 million Universal Credit claimants who are expected to look for and be available for work but have no sustained earnings. The scheme will provide up to 12 months of tailored support for each participant. Palladium will work with employers, local government, and other partners to deliver tailored support for individuals.
The salary range for this role is: £25,500 to £29,000 .
The Employment Adviser will play a vital role in the success of the programme. They will be in charge of managing a case load of customers, working with them to create and follow an individualised workplan towards sustained employment.
This position is based in our Winchester office. Occasionally the employee may be required to travel to surrounding areas in which the programme is being delivered. In such instances, travel costs will be reimbursed by Palladium.
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Take responsibility and accountability for customers as assigned and working with them through to employment. This will include:
- Assessing the customer’s starting position to decide how to best meet their needs.
- Building rapport and a positive working relationship with each customer.
- Creating and following through with individualised action plans ensuring appropriate and effective activity is undertaken by each customer.
- Address customer’s personal constraints to employment, providing challenge, advice, and guidance where appropriate to develop customers capability in the recruitment process ensuring they have the necessary skills and confidence to secure employment.
- Identify, structure, and recommend vacancy and training solutions, working in close consultation with the team to meet the specific needs of customers and employers.
- Maintain customer records to a required quality standard to ensure the customer journey is documented in accordance with our quality standards and contractual requirements.
- Develop an understanding of specialist signposting services in the local area/region, building knowledge in areas such as specific disabilities, housing, benefits etc
- Meet personal performance targets, Key Performance Indicators and all Quality and Compliance measures by delivering high quality employability provision to customers, both remotely and face to face
- Develop relationships and networks with key stakeholders including employers, Job Centre teams and provisions and funding providers to ensure smooth operation of all processes.
Skills and experience:
- Passion for working with people and delivering an inclusive service;
- Experience of working in a customer focused, target driven environment;
- Experience of providing one to one support and coaching to individuals with the ability to constructively challenge where needed;
- A level of independence and professionalism to work independently;
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational skills;
- Interest in welfare to work
- Track record of performance and success in target driven sales and customer or community facing roles.
- Knowledge of the employment market in their area.
- Creative intelligence;
- Ability to motivate, challenge and inspire;
- Proactive and solution focused;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Performance and target focused;
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills;
- The determination and drive to want to make a positive difference.
- Across our offices, our Guiding Principles define who we are and what we stand for. We are looking for candidates that resonate with them:
- We are One Palladium: We are all accountable, we take responsibility for our actions, and celebrate the positive impact we create.
- Our business grows when our people grow. We seek out opportunities to develop ourselves, each other, and Palladium.
- Our strength lies in our differences: We harness our unique strengths by listening to and respecting each other.
- Making mistakes is part of learning: We admit our mistakes early, help to make things right, and learn from the experience together.
- We don’t exist without results: We’re driven by the outcomes we achieve and stay focused on what matters.