Fixed term contract
Up to £45,000 per annum plus benefits
Here at Serco, we are seeking an experienced Bid Writer to provide professional bid writing services within our sales operations team. You will have the opportunity to work on some amazing bids within our business on lots of different levels. You will gain a wealth of experience within our bidding team.
As part of this you’ll:
• Provide high quality bid writing service to bids of various scales and complexity on either an individual or portfolio basis.
• Work with subject matter experts and other colleagues and specialists to interpret solutions and extract information.
• To create quality responses which are well-written, accurate, concise and visually engaging and which effectively convey the required message, answer the customer’s requirements.
• When required, to conduct additional research to supplement bid responses including collation and presentation of relevant data.
• To manage the language quality of bids to ensure consistent nomenclature, tone and register throughout a submission or portfolio of submissions.
What you’ll need to do the role
First and foremost, you’ll need to have experience of a complex and varied bidding environment across different methods of procurement and show experience of managing a multitude of deliverables. You will be highly competent with the Microsoft Suite, specifically Visio. You will be empathetic with an affinity for the passions and interests of colleagues as well as being methodical, process-driven and organised with excellent attention to details. Lastly, you will have exceptional communication skills including relationship development and stakeholder management.
What we offer
• Flexible and part time working considered
• Pension – 6%
• Childcare vouchers
• Bike4Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
• A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
• Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Leader employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.