Principle Bid Lead
Up to £90,000 per annum plus benefits
Here at Serco, we are seeking a Principle Bid Lead with proven experience and leadership in directing and managing strategic opportunities in collaboration with Business Development, Commercial, Legal, Business Unit Delivery Leads, Project & Programme Management, including Transition, Corporate Shared Services and Bidding Services.
As part of this you’ll:
• Lead on the most complex, large, and strategic opportunities which will often be more than £20m upwards, whilst also contributing to other opportunities as assigned.
• Work directly with customers and Business Development, the wider Business Unit, and functional leads to gather, assess, validate, and document customer requirements key issues, concerns, and decision-making processes.
• Identify probable competition and evaluates relative strengths to inform capture plans, pricing models and leadership judgments.
• Prepare and deliver accurate, concise, and timely opportunity decision briefings for senior leadership team and executive management including market briefs, strategic account plans, qualification briefings and bid-no-bid briefings.
What you’ll need to do the role
First and foremost, you’ll need to have extensive experience in business development and bidding with demonstrated growth. You’ll have a track record of individually leading and closing deals more than £10m. You will be able to demonstrate senior and strategic account management and the ability top develop effective relationships at all levels. It is essential that you have excellent analytical skills with ability to assimilate information quickly, communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid decision making. Lastly, you will demonstrate experience of working in public sector procurement, contracting, and outsourcing.
What we offer
• Flexible and part time working considered
• Pension – 6%
• Childcare vouchers
• Bike4Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
• A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
• Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Leader employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.