Full Job Description
30597 – 35748
Total hours per week
“Shaw Trust promotes team spirit, inclusiveness and it is an organisation where everybody is somebody. I am proud to be part of this great organisation.”
At Shaw Trust we believe everyone has the right to live a decent and dignified life and an opportunity for rewarding work. We are a social purpose organisation challenging inequality and breaking down barriers to enable social mobility.
For us being part of the solution is about creating the conditions for this to happen, advocating and delivering services that make a real difference. Working in partnership not competition, we are part of an eco-system of purpose-led organisations, striving for a fairer, more equal society centred on opportunity for all.
Senior Support Manager
The role of Senior Support Manager requires an engaging, empathetic and
motivating individual, able to support people with complex barriers to move into
Our Senior Support Managers understand their communities and the wide range of
services available within them. Brokering routes into existing services and liaising
regularly with health professionals, partner organisations and employers in the local
community, Senior Support Managers are focused on ensuring every participants’
journey into sustainable employment is as smooth and well-coordinated as possible
You will have:
- Minimum of 5 GSCEs (A to C) or equivalent qualifications
- IAG L4 or equivalent; accredited training in relevant disciplines e.g. Cognitive
Behavioural Therapy or demonstrative experience at this level and a willingness to
work towards and gain relevant accreditation and qualifications
- Strong track record of successfully working to targets
- Experience of working with external stakeholders to jointly support participant
progression, including employers, local authorities, health services and
voluntary sector organisations
Download the Job Description for full details.
As well as helping to make a positive difference to the lives of young people, as an employee of Shaw Trust you will have access to the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays), with incremental increases post 3 years’ service up to 28 days, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities including paid for apprenticeship and masters’ levels qualifications, and management development programmes
- Opportunities to connect with our employee diversity networks (LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disability Equality Network, Women’s Network)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including internal support, employee assistance programme and health cash plan
To find out more about Shaw Trusts aims in our 2030 Strategic Directive available here: https://www.shawtrust.org.uk/content/uploads/2020/09/Vision-2030-Strategic-Directive-5-9.pdf
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career.
In our most recent colleague survey “86% of our colleagues say we demonstrate a true commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion”.
- We are proud to be certified as an employer who meets the National Equality Standard, the accepted standard for inclusiveness in business across the UK.
- We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme.
- Living our values, we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.
If you have accessibility requirements and/or would like further information about the role, please contact: Resourcing@shaw-trust.org.uk
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.