Senior Employment Coach
Job Location - Vauxhall
Closing date - 30/06/21
- Job ID - 2021-1350
- # of Openings - 5
- Category - Employment Services
- Position Type - Indefinite Full-Time
- Min GBP £28,000.00/Yr.
London Prisons (Wandworth, Brixton, Wormwood Scrubs, Thameside, Pentonville) Senior Employment Coaches/IAG Advisors: £28,000
The Forward Trust is a growing Matrix Standard, ERSA Employability Awards 2020 Highly Commended vocational training, skills and employability provider. As part of IAG service in the five London Prisons we are looking for Senior Employment Coaches/IAG Advisors, one position in each prison.
What you will be doing?
As Senior Advisors/Coaches working to our Team Leader you will be supervising our IAG Advisors/Employment Coaches in the prisons to help residents/prisoners/learners progress into an exciting career by providing information, advice and guidance, employability support, job search, confidence building and interview skills support. You will also carry a case load and provide IAG support as well.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, go getting and very practical individuals who are committed to delivering high quality information, advice and guidance and progressing clients into good quality employment that will help them succeed in their lives. We want people who genuinely care about the people they are supporting and not just going through the motions. We are looking for people who are experienced in working in prisons and want their first supervisory role as well as continuing to deliver IAG services.
What we offer
We value the dedication and commitment of our employees by rewarding them with market-leading pay and benefits. We provide comprehensive training e.g. the Level 4 Employability Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard and opportunities to progress in the Employment Services Division.
We also offer:
- Flexible working
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
• Experience in providing IAG and careers advice through one to one, group work or coaching as part of induction, reviews
• Experience of working to targets and quality standards in the careers/ employability sector
• Motivating, inspiring and enthusing clients/customers to progress into great jobs
• The ability to multitask and manage a diverse case load of learners/prisoners/residents in a prison setting
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others.
• A tenacious approach and an understanding of how employers recruit and select based on talent
• Keen to supervise staff
• Good administration, IT and organisational skills and member of the IEP
More employability jobs from Forward Trust can be found here