Location: Remote based (travel to Sheffield office occasionally)
Salary Details: £30,230.00 per annum
Closing Date: 29 Nov 2021
About the role
Job title: ESF Compliance Officer (x2)
Location: Remote based with occasional travel to Regional Offices including Sheffield
Salary: £30,230.00 per annum
Benefits: A generous holiday allowance (30 days & bank holidays), a 6% matched pension scheme, excellent training and development opportunities, and family friendly policies to support flexible working. We also offer a suite of voluntary benefits including a health cash plan, ride to work scheme, and retail discounts.
In addition, we offer excellent training and family friendly policies to support flexible working and a range of health and discount benefits.
We are recruiting 2 ESF Compliance Officers to support two new programmes (which are part-funded by the European Social Fund) to be delivered throughout the Leeds City Region:
1) Making a Difference
Making a Difference is a programme which is designed to support both unemployed and economically inactive participants, providing tailored support to help progress them to job search readiness, or into paid employment.
Role Start Date: 17th January 2022
2) Youth Routeways
Youth Routeways will support young people aged 15-24, providing them with exposure to employer- focussed activity with a view to progress participants into employment, education or training.
Role Start Date: 1st February 2022
The ESF Compliance Officers will be responsible for ensuring that their assigned programme is delivered in full compliance with the requirements of the European Structural and Investment Funds Regulations and the European Social Fund (ESF) Funding Agreement by use of detailed knowledge of the applicable rules.
The ESF Compliance Officer must have demonstrable knowledge of the current European Structural and Investment Funds/European Social Fund regulations.
- Educated to minimum GCSE ‘C’/Level 2/equivalent in Maths and English.
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and data security.
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge of all aspects of the current European Structural and Investment Funds/ European Social Fund regulations.
- Level 4 qualification in administration/business/finance or substantial equivalent and relevant experience that demonstrates high level literacy, numeracy and analytical skills
- Understanding of the skills and employability agenda specifically including the roles of the Local Enterprise Partnerships, sector bodies and other employer representative bodies.
- Working within a busy team, building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Compliance checking, accuracy checking or auditing for the purpose of submitting accurate European Structural and Investment Funds claims.
- Managing multiple tasks and working to strict deadlines.
- Experience of having led ESF project audits (Article 125 and Article 127 Monitoring Visits).
- Experience of using the “EClaims” system for submitting ESF claims
- Delivering induction and/or training to new staff or existing colleagues in relation to ESF compliance matters
- Experience of working within the careers advice, employability or learning and skills sectors.
Closing date: 29th November 2021
Interviews for shortlisted candidates are to be held in the week commencing 6th December.
Please Note: all applications will be considered for both posts
How to apply: Towards the bottom of this page, you can download the job description and apply. Once you click apply you will be required to complete a short online application form and upload your CV.
This post, as part of the Youth Routeways Leeds City Region project, is part funded by the European Structural and Investment Funds 2014 – 2020 and all activity must comply with contractual regulations.