Expiry date:14:47, 03 February 2022
Salary:£20,000 Per Annum
Benefits:Pension, Enhanced Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Here at Fedcap Employment our vision and mission are to advance the social and economic wellbeing of disadvantaged people within our communities and over the next five years we aim to be the fastest growing UK employability business.
We are currently recruiting for an Employment Aftercare Adviser to join our existing team.
Fair Start Scotland is a flexible employment support service to help individuals get ready for work and achieve their potential. We believe that everyone should have the same opportunity to access a job that is right for them no matter what their circumstances. Delivery is tailored to support individuals gaining sustainable employment. It is a 52 week programme in which once entering employment you can also access a further 52 weeks of support.
As an Employment Aftercare Adviser, you will provide a blended, localised face to face and virtual approach for maintaining contact with participants who have started work. You will offer high quality information, advice, and guidance to support them achieve appropriate, long term and sustainable employment. Your role will also bet to provide solutions for employers and liaising with employer services team to identify alternative employment opportunities where participant may be at risk of losing job.
- Manage a caseload of participants in employment in the local area, to ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all participants, according to their needs to maximise their long-term sustainability
- Address participants personal constraints during employment, providing challenge, advice, and guidance where appropriate to ensure they have the necessary support, skills, and confidence to continue in employment
- Understand the benefits culture and know how you can best provide advice, guidance, and signposting to effectively support
- Liaise effectively with local operational team in terms of participants who cease employment
- Develop relationships and networks with key stakeholders, both internal, external, and funding providers to ensure smooth operation of all processes
- Observe and adhere to our customer service standards so that all participants are provided with the same high standard of service, that maximises their chances of achieving sustainable employment.
- Maintain participant records to a required quality standard to ensure the participant journey is documented in accordance with our quality standards and contractual requirements
- Any other ad hoc duties in line with delivery program requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to embrace our company values which are Kindness, Respect, Integrity, and Innovation!
- The ability to develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Excellent customer service skills, driven by supporting and progressing participants in employment
- Experience of working in a customer focused, high paced results driven environment
- The ability to build rapport and work effectively in terms of challenging individuals
- Experience of appropriate IT systems
- An understanding of in-work benefits and where advice and support can be found
- Knowledge and experience of the employability sector and local labour market
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Results focused
- Customer centric
- Rapport building
- Quality & compliance.
- Holidays: 31 days’ holiday, inclusive of bank holidays in your first year of service, increasing to 35 days at 5 years and 38 days at 10 years’ service.
- A two-week Induction and Training programme.
- In-house Health and Wellbeing team.
- Pension Scheme – contribution of 4% from Fedcap Employment.
- Life Cover x 4 annual salary.
- A generous sickness package inclusive of 13 weeks full sick pay 13 weeks half sick pay, following completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay following completion of the probationary period.
- Laptop and mobile phone to allow remote agile working.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Fedcap Employment is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity.
Fedcap Employment is a Disability Confident Leader employer and as such, any candidate with a disability will not be excluded unless the candidate is unable to perform a duty intrinsic to the role, having considered reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.