Award Category: Outstanding Contribution to the Sector
Recognising an exceptional individual who has dedicated a significant part of their career to the employment related services sector and has made a notable impact on the wider sector.
This award winner will be selected by an expert panel, recognising an individual who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to the employment related services sector and has made a significant contribution to the industry. Candidates are likely to:
- Have shown a long-term commitment to the employment related services sector.
- Have achieved recognition across the sector as a thought leader and innovator.
- Have made a national impact in improving industry practice, raising the profile of the sector and enhancing the prospects of unemployed people.
- Have acted as a positive role model in inspiring other practitioners.
The award winner will be a truly inspiring individual who will be nationally recognised as a champion and ambassador for the sector.
Outstanding Contributor of the Year 2021
Veejay Patel, Business 2 Business
On entering the sector in 1986, Veejay’s beneficial impact was immediate and it has been continuous ever since. His advocacy for the first ever Job Club for people with English language needs and his delivery of impressive performance through it, led to a visit from the DWP Permanent Secretary, an Employment Service video showcasing Business 2 Business’ Job Club approach and the roll out of telephone-based English language support within Job Clubs across England and Wales. Since then, by choosing to work in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the UK and by developing inspired and innovative solutions to address multiple needs including during the Covid outbreak, Veejay has made a dramatic difference to the life chances and prosperity of tens of thousands of people, their families and communities.
Further information on the awards
- The ERSA Awards are free to enter for organisations, non ERSA membership organisations are welcome to submit applications
- Only entries received via the online form can be considered by the judges
- The submissions link can be found at surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ERSAAwards22
- Sponsorship enquiries should be emailed to Laura
- Full details at dev.ersa.org.uk/ersaawards22 Awards hashtag #ERSAAwards22
- Why apply for an ERSA Award?
- How to write a winning award entry
The Fedcap Group is a not for profit American organisation established over 85 years ago to deliver tremendous results in breaking down barriers to social inclusion and financial wellbeing and have successfully developed scalable, innovative solutions to some of society’s most pressing needs.
Delivering innovative employability services
Fedcap Scotland is a not-for-profit organisation specialising in helping people find jobs and careers they love. They work hard every day to help people realise their potential.