Hospitality can be a great sector for people with experience of homelessness to work in. It is a huge sector with varied jobs and most employers are more interested in attitude than formal qualifications. The House of St Barnabas is both a hospitality business and a charity supporting people with experience of homelessness into work, and so we understand the day to day challenges of being a good employer as well as the hardship faced by our Employment Academy graduates. Join a lively online panel discussion about good work within the hospitality sector. We’ll be asking – Can good work be prioritised in hospitality’s recovery from COVID-19?
The panel features:
- Malek Naroei and Helen Scott, hospitality employees and Employment Academy graduates
- Karen Bates, Director of People at Brewdog
- Julian Shaw, Director at BAFTA 195
- Shereen Daniels, Managing Director at HR rewired
- Stephen Bevan, Head of HR Research Development from the Institute of Employment Studies