Careers Advisers across Portsmouth & surrounding areas
Job type: Permanent full time roles (part time will also be considered)
Salary: £24,331.00 per annum FTE for Trainee (£26,208.00 for Qualified)
Our Careers Advisers are expected to work flexibly and independently but will be supported as part of the wider team. Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with adults on an individual and group basis.
Candidates will, enjoy working with people to help them achieve their ambitions, have a professional but friendly attitude, have an open-mind, be non-judgemental, want to make a difference and be able to bring out the best in others’.
- Provide careers advice and guidance in a one-to-one setting or group workshops to support customers with their career aspirations.
- Help customers identify and consider the range of choices available to them and outline possible ways forward, using a range of tools and resources.
- Undertake administration duties to ensure that all delivery evidence is complete and compliant in line with contract and quality standards.
- Produce an action plan for employment, education, and training to help customers achieve their goals.
- Discuss with customers how to overcome any barriers to reaching their goals and signpost them to other agencies for advice where appropriate.
- Business Develop to attract new customers and partnerships to the service, this could include community organisations, Job Centre Plus, training providers and Higher Education
The right person:
- Enjoy working with people to help them achieve their ambitions.
- Have a professional but friendly attitude.
- Have an open-mind and be non-judgemental.
- Want to make a difference and be able to bring out the best in others.
- Be approachable and articulate.
- Be organised and methodical.
- Have excellent administration and IT skills.
- Hold a level 4 qualification in Careers, Information & Guidance qualification ( If you do not hold this then you will be taken on as a trainee and put through the course)
Deadline for applications: Midnight Sunday 15th October
Assessment Day/interviews will take place throughout October (location to be confirmed)
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.
At Education Development Trust, we strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and knows they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks. We’re committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Education Development Trust an inclusive place to work. If you have specific requirements or adjustments, please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application. We are proud to be a member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.