Full Job Description
Catch22 exists to help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose – we call these our ‘3Ps’.
We achieve this in two ways. First, we improve lives on the frontline through delivery of public services. Secondly, we use our knowledge to change ‘the system’, to fix the complex web that can trap and disempower those it was set up to help. With the heart of a charity, and the mindset of a business, we are uniquely placed to deliver on this challenging agenda.
The Catch22 Employability division provides skills and employability provision on a range of programmes, both public and corporate funded. We pride ourselves on supporting the most disadvantaged in society to improve their prospects, resulting in improved social mobility, and sustainable positive change.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Career Coach. The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes to fulfil this role:
- To induct, assess, and ‘on-board’ participants, delivering high quality end to end information, advice, and guidance to participants on our employability programmes.
- To promote and develop the mind-set, emotional intelligence, self-confidence, and esteem of participants, so that the participants are better equipped and succeed in the world of work.
- To prepare CVs, cover letters, and job/apprenticeship application forms with participants, alongside introducing participants to a ‘strengths based’ recruitment approach to succeeding in job interviews.
- To undertake job search with the participants using relevant web-based software and packages.
- To short list, pre-select, and match/submit participants to vacancies/work experience opportunities generated by the Catch22 account management team, and preparing job packs on specific vacancies/work experience opportunities for participants.
- To prepare participants to a high standard for interview with employers, and arrange interviews for participants where appropriate.
- To engage and maintain regular contact with participants at agreed intervals to ensure they sustain their job or apprenticeship, delivering high quality In Work Support, which effectively sustains participants for a minimum of six months.
- To ensure participants demonstrate and sustain progression into apprenticeships and employment.
- To support with the delivery of any Job Fairs, Workshops, and Seminars, both face to face and remote, that prepare participants ready for the world of work.
- Proactively working with other organisations and the local community to identify appropriate support, or opportunities, for your clients.
Please click here to view the full Job Description.
- Five GCSE’s at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- Experience in an advising capacity i.e., Employment Advisor, Career Coach.
- Apprenticeship Advisor, IAG role, Traineeship Advisor, or relevant transferable experience.
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Flexibility: Remote working with occasional travel across Bath.
- This role will require a DBS
See the benefits of working for Catch22 here.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.
Catch22 is committed to rigorous safeguarding and safer recruitment practices; ensuring that every individual within the organisation has been safely and appropriately checked.