Full Job Description
As an Employment Adviser you will be providing a tailored employment support service to individuals to address barriers to gaining new employment with personalised support for individuals to achieve and sustain work, including supported job searching, re-training for a different sector and restoring self-confidence for work.
You will be…
- Managing a caseload of participants holding initial appointments and action plans to ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all participants according to their level of job readiness
- Addressing participants personal constraints to employment, providing challenge, advice, and guidance where appropriate to develop participants capability in the recruitment process ensuring they have the necessary skills and confidence to secure employment
- Identifying, structuring and recommending vacancy and training solutions, working in close consultation with your team to meet the specific needs of participants and employers
- Developing relationships and networks with key stakeholders including employers, Job Centre teams and funding providers
- Delivering our customer service standards so that all participants are provided with the same high standard of service that maximises their chances of securing sustainable employment
- Maintaining IT files and participants record to a required quality standard to ensure the participant journey is documented in accordance with our quality standards
- Identifying employment and other work-related opportunities with employers through marketing candidates directly into employers.
Can you embrace our company values which are Kindness, Respect, Integrity, and Innovation?
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment delivering results and achieving targets
- Ability to build rapport, engage and coach individuals to progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be enthusiastic and motivational building positive and encouraging relationships
- Experience of Administration and using various IT systems.
- IEP Level 3 or willingness to work towards
- Knowledge of the employability sector.
- Results focused
- Customer centric
- Rapport building
- Quality & compliance.
What’s in it for you?
…a rewarding career that makes a genuine difference to people’s lives.
- You won’t work on weekends or bank holidays!
- A monthly benefits scheme worth £500 with access to over 900 retailers
- A cycle to work scheme that is open all year long!
- Laptop and mobile phone for every employee!
- Employee assistance programme (EAP). A telephone service offering various support services including emotional support, stress helpline amongst others.
- The opportunity of an Institute of Employability Professionals (IEP) qualification for all employees
- A two-week Induction and training programme
- Company annual leave, including a buy/sell scheme
- Free life cover!
- Pension with a 4% match from Fedcap
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Fedcap Employment is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity.
Disability confident employer and Access to work
Fedcap is a recognised Disability Confident Leader with commitments to aim to recruit, retain and develop disabled people within the company. We encourage applications from people with disabilities and will offer to support with reasonable adjustments where required.
As a Disability confident employer, we work in partnership with other organisations’ to underpin the governments aspiration to support disabled customers into work. This includes but not limited to making reasonable adjustments and providing specialist equipment to those who need it so they can work in a comfortable working environment.
Veterans and service personnel
Fedcap is positive about employing veterans and service personnel spouses or family members as part of our commitment to upholding principles of the Armed Forces Covenant.
Advert expiry: If you are interested in the position we recommend applying at your earliest convenience. Fedcap reserves the right to withdraw a job advertisement at any time.
Fedcap Employment and Fedcap Employment Scotland delivers employability solutions across the UK to build communities through a blend of local frontline professional teams and like-minded supply chain partners, using innovative and tested ideas developed both locally and internationally.
Our service is designed to give each individual the best opportunity according to his/her abilities and needs. Our programs provide targeted employment supports to a range of underserved groups, including single parents, people who were previously incarcerated and individuals with health, mental health and/or substance use conditions.
Fedcap Employment and Fedcap Employment Scotland joined The Fedcap Group in 2018.