Full Job Description
Case Manager Refugee Programme
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000
Working hours: Monday – Friday.
Job Type: Permanent; full-time.
Established in 2009, Get Set UK successfully deliver a range of Government funded programmes to support people to make positive changes in their lives.
We offer innovative and reliable solutions to support people to obtain real employer lead skills, information, advice and guidance, job opportunities and vocational training.
We aim to create real positive change to the mindset of an individual by supporting with creating ownership, increasing motivation & confidence by enhancing will power and resilience of the community we serve.
Join us and gain the opportunity for rewarding workin our fast- growing company that values people and works for people!
We will offer you training, support, and promotion opportunities and, most importantly, a career with purpose.
As Case Manager, you will be responsible for support to customers on the Refugee Employability Programme, ensuring that all customers receive excellent service which is compliant with all service level agreements.
- Ability to support refugees from the 1st stages of employment until achieving their job goal.
- Ability to be able to empathise with customers by listening to their needs and being able to support where needed.
- Ability to take responsibility to engage with customers and assess their learning and employment needs by completing action plans, giving advice and guidance, employability coaching and supporting to remove barriers and signposting to external partners for individual needs.
- Ability to provide advice by giving challenges, where appropriate, to develop customers’ capability in the employment process by ensuring that they have the necessary skills and confidence to secure employment.
- Ability to provide advice and support which will include educational needs such as signposting to schools and colleges, welfare benefits, housing, and health services.
- Ability to support refugees with information about local community organisations that can support with activities that will improve individual barriers and help to connect with their local community.
- Ability to develop a personalised support plan which aims to promote progression by regularly reviewing and updating the participants support plan and completing SMART Action plans monthly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all dealings with refugees, ensuring that all activities are in line with GDPR.
- Ability to meet personal performance targets, Key Performance Indicators and Quality and Compliance measures by delivering high quality employability provision to customers face to face.
- Must be able to be empathetic to engage, motivate, challenge, and inspire individuals facing traumatic experiences.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be performance and target focused.
- Must have excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must have the determination and drive to want to make a positive difference.
- Must have a high level of understanding of the complexity of working with refugees.
- Knowledge on how to deal with the challenges experienced by refugees or asylum seekers, or personal lived experience.
- Trained in trauma-informed approaches and safeguarding.
- Must have a passion for supporting refugees and contributing to the local communities.
- Must have experience in a support focused role on a one-to-one basis and to be able to engage with empathy.
- Must have experience in caseload management and able to meet contractual needs in line with the service level agreement.
- Must have a minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma: GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification)
- Must be able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills; experience of customer-facing roles & working in a target-driven environment.
- Must have strong communication skills, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Must be resourceful innovative and have a positive outlook.
- Must be a team player and supportive of colleagues.
- Empathetic to vulnerable and at-risk adults and have a strong desire to help.
- Computer, Data Entry and MS Office skills.
- Company pension & events
- Gym membership
- Private medical insurance; Wellness program
We are a Disability Confident Employer and welcome all applications.
Get Set UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, physical and mental disability, age, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, and any other protected status.’ ‘Our aim is to support and maintain the physical and mental health of all people at work’.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bedford: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person