Full Job Description
Looking for a new career opportunity?
Itec are one of the most vocationally diverse employee-owned independent training providers. Apply today to join our employee ownership team and be part of shaping the future and people lives by visiting https://www.itecskills.ac.uk/work-with-us
At Itec our employees have access to several great benefits, including 30 days annual leave, health care scheme, 35 hours working week, discounts for retail and gym membership, bonus scheme, life insurance, employee of the month awards, length of service recognition and much more.
Role: Employability Advisor
As an employment advisor you will be working directly with a caseload of individuals to help them overcome barriers to employment, providing support to help people change their lives.
Are you customer focussed looking for your next career move? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, target driven environment?
If so, Itec Training Solutions have the ideal opportunity for you! We are looking to recruit a strong team player, who is hardworking and motivated, to join our team as an Employability Advisor, to provide positive end to end tailored support to participants on the Restart Scheme.
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: 35 Hours a week, Monday to Friday 09:00 AM to 16:30 PM.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for achieving contractual targets for attendance, sustained job outcome, compliance, and participant satisfaction.
- Accountable for participant induction including meeting and greeting all participants, completing all relevant documentation, delivering the structured induction session, and making sure all participants have a clear understanding of provision.
- Responsible for owning the participants Action Plan working in partnership with colleagues to discuss & digitally document the participant’s progression e.g., working with the Employability Trainer to review their latest employability skills progress.
- Delivering employability support, including job search guidance, soft skills development, motivational discussions, and other appropriate support.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Proven experience of working within a targeted / performance driven environment
- Motivational and inspirational attitude with a passion to inspire people.
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills.
- Full driving license and use of vehicle
- Ability to speak Welsh and experience of working with unemployed adults is desirable.
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,500.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person