Onsite opportunities from December 2023 onwards in the following locations:
- SW18 5JU, Wandsworth 70 days
- TW14 9PE Feltham 25 days
- KT2 5QY Kingston 12 days
- SE24 9JH, North Dulwich 50 days
Salary: Starting salary for level 6 qualified is £29,172 (£30,970 within the London Borough’s) per annum FTE (annual increments)
Level 4 qualified maybe considered for some schools (starting salary will be different to the level 6).
We pride ourselves on creating an environment that supports a healthy work life balance for all our staff. We have a commitment to providing policies that encourage flexible working around individual needs. Aligned to this is our commitment to offering a sector leading range of benefits including a generous holiday allowance of 30 days and 8 bank holidays (based on FTE), accredited training and development opportunities, pension scheme and additional voluntary money saving benefits.
We are currently recruiting for L6 Qualified Careers Advisers to join our Education Development Trust youth careers team from December 2023 to provide careers advice, guidance and support to individuals and groups of young people.
These roles are term time only on a rolling contract; however, we are flexible around the number of days that you are able to work for us so welcome applications from candidates looking for full time and part time hours or ad hoc ‘blocks’ of work (for example three days per week over three weeks).
You will produce tailored careers information, advice, and guidance to meet the needs of young people and support the school in achieving the Gatsby benchmarks. These are face to face, term time only vacancies in schools.
You will have:
- Level 4 or 6 qualification in careers guidance
- Experience of working with young people preferably in a school or college setting
- Thorough knowledge of education, employment, training and personal development opportunities that are available for young people/labour market information.
- Provide careers advice and guidance in a one-to-one setting or group workshop/assemblies to support students with their career aspirations.
- Arrange career talks and a range of activities for students.
- Have the ability to engage with and inspire young people with SEND and disadvantaged as well as with their parents/carers.
- Support the Schools Careers Leader to implement and enhance the schools programme to contribute towards meetings the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Demonstrate professional commitment to Children’s rights, equal opportunities and diversity.
- Undertake administration duties to ensure that all delivery evidence is complete and compliant in line with contract and quality standards.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups and those with special educations needs and disabilities (SEND).
Our Careers Advisers are expected to work flexibly and independently but will be supported as part of the wider team. Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job type: Full time & part time, term time only (onsite delivery)
Deadline for applications: Midnight 10 December (Please note, we reserve the right to close our vacancies early if sufficient applications are received)
Dates for interviews to take place will be confirmed in advance.
How to apply:
To be considered for this vacancy, applicants are required to complete and submit a fully completed application form through our website.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service
At Education Development Trust, we strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and knows they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks. We’re committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Education Development Trust an inclusive place to work. If you have specific requirements or adjustments, please let us know if there is anything we please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application. We are proud to be a member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.