(onsite delivery with the possibility of some hybrid working within certain schools/colleges)
Onsite opportunities from January 2024 onwards in the following locations:
- Nescot (Epsom KT17 3DS)
- Sparsholt College (Winchester SO21 2NF)
- Guildford College (GU1 1EZ)
- Basingstoke College of Technology (RG21 8TN)
- East Surrey College (Redhill RH1 2JX)
- Cobham Free School (KT11 1FT)
- The Priory CofE School (Dorking RH4 3DG)
- Unified Academy (Dorking RH5 4DB)
- Asphaleia (Worthing BN11 1RY)
Our regional office is based in Uxbridge, however there will be no need to travel here as part of your weekly work commitments.
Salary: Starting salary for level 6 qualified is £29,172 (£30,970 within the London Borough’s) per annum FTE (annual increments)
Level 4 maybe considered by some schools and colleges (starting salary will be different to the level 6).
At EDT we pride ourselves on creating an environment that supports a healthy work life balance for all our staff. We provide policies that encourage flexible working around individual needs. We offer a range of benefits including a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme and additional voluntary money saving benefits* that can be seen below.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rota)
- 6% matched pension scheme
- Discounted gym memberships*
- Health care cash plan*
- Retail discounts*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing App
We are currently recruiting for L6 Qualified Careers Advisers to join our Education Development Trust youth careers team from January 2024 to provide careers advice, guidance and support to individuals and groups of young people.
We have positions to suit all working preferences; full time, part time, zero-hour, term time, full year, onsite, hybrid, rolling contracts, fixed term contracts, permanent contracts.
Please note that some positions are presently only available, subject to contract.
You will produce tailored careers information, advice, and guidance to meet the needs of young people and support the school in achieving the Gatsby benchmarks. These are face to face, term time only vacancies in schools.
You will have:
- Level 4 or 6 qualification in careers guidance
- Experience of working with young people preferably in a school or college setting
- Thorough knowledge of education, employment, training and personal development opportunities that are available for young people/labour market information.
- Provide careers advice and guidance in a one-to-one setting or group workshop/assemblies to support students with their career aspirations.
- Arrange career talks and a range of activities for students.
- Have the ability to engage with and inspire young people with SEND and disadvantaged as well as with their parents/carers.
- Support the Schools or College Careers Leader to implement and enhance the schools programme to contribute towards meetings the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Demonstrate professional commitment to Children’s rights, equal opportunities and diversity.
- Undertake administration duties to ensure that all delivery evidence is complete and compliant in line with contract and quality standards.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups and those with special educations needs and disabilities (SEND).
Our Careers Advisers are expected to work flexibly and independently but will be supported as part of the wider team. Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Deadline for applications: Midnight 30 November (Please note, we reserve the right to close our vacancies early if sufficient applications are received)
Dates for interviews to take place will be confirmed in advance.
How to apply:
To be considered for this vacancy, applicants are required to complete and submit a fully completed application form through our website.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service
At Education Development Trust, we strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and knows they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks. We’re committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Education Development Trust an inclusive place to work. If you have specific requirements or adjustments, please let us know if there is anything we please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application. We are proud to be a member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.