Full Job Description
Employability | Integration
£25,500 – £30,500
Total hours per week
“Shaw Trust promotes team spirit, inclusiveness and it is an organisation where everybody is somebody. I am proud to be part of this great organisation.”
At Shaw Trust we believe everyone has the right to live a decent and dignified life and an opportunity for rewarding work. We are a social purpose organisation challenging inequality and breaking down barriers to enable social mobility.
For us being part of the solution is about creating the conditions for this to happen, advocating and delivering services that make a real difference. Working in partnership not competition, we are part of an eco-system of purpose-led organisations, striving for a fairer, more equal society centred on opportunity for all.
As an Employment Consultant you will help a wide range of people who are currently unemployed to find the right employment for them. You will be an effective communicator, able to positively influence, engage with recruiters and motivate people.
Whilst working in a supportive team environment, this is a role with autonomy where you will be trusted to make decisions and manage your time to deliver your role and meet your objectives. You will meet a wide range of people, working collaboratively to understand their goals, areas where they may need support, and put in place an effective and engaging action plan to help them to find the right job. You will be solution focused and carry out proactive job searches, engaging with local employers and sign posting to other local services to help people access the right support. This role is a target driven role to be able to generate the necessary performance activity to create opportunities for your participants you are supporting. This will include engaging with a variety of industries to generate and actively promote the skills and abilities of our participants that will support them into sustained employment.
You will be experienced in engaging with external stakeholders, providing support, advice, guidance or coaching to positively influence other people’s professional or personal development. You will be an effective communicator, able to build rapport with people and have a flexible and resilient approach.
We welcome applications from candidates with transferable skills, we provide full training and the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills and progress your career.
You will have:
- Hold (or ability to achieve) Information, Advice and Guidance qualification or
- Minimum of GCSEs grade 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Strong track record in achieving individual and team performance targets
Download the Job Description for full details.
The role holder will be based in our Grosvenor House office in Birmingham City Centre.
As an employee of Shaw Trust as well as positively impacting people’s lives, you will have access to the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays), with incremental increases post 3 years’ service up to 28 days, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities including paid for apprenticeship and masters’ levels qualifications, and management development programmes
- Opportunities to connect with our employee diversity networks (LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disability Equality Network, Women’s Network)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including internal support, employee assistance programme and health cash plan
To find out more about Shaw Trusts aims in our 2030 Strategic Directive available here: https://www.shawtrust.org.uk/content/uploads/2020/09/Vision-2030-Strategic-Directive-5-9.pdf
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career.
- We are proud to be certified as an employer who meets the National Equality Standard, the accepted standard for inclusiveness in business across the UK.
- We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme.
- Living our values, we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.
If you have accessibility requirements and/or would like further information about the role, please contact: Resourcing@shaw-trust.org.uk
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.