Full Job Description
Reporting to our SENco Manager, this role will be responsible for providing on-going support and guidance for an identified caseload of learners, Delivering education inductions to new learners via assessments and meeting with learners on a regular basis to review their Learning and Skills Plan at the end of each course.
The ideal candidate should have a relevant NVQ level 3 or similar in advice and guidance coaching, have experience working with young people/ adults with varying levels of abilities and have great people skills.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person
For more information on Sodexo Careers please visit Sodexo Careers and Careers in Justice
- Provide on-going careers, information, advice and guidance for an identified caseload of learners.
- Deliver Education Induction to new learners, including supporting learners through relevant assessments.
- Meet with learners on an individual basis to review their Learning and Skills Plan at the end of each course.
- To be responsible for the completion of each resident’s person’s Individual Development Plan coordinating progress with teaching and support staff.
- To lead on the education review process by setting SMART targets, to ensure plans remain relevant and focussed on achievement and resettlement.
- Support the monitoring of attendance, access to education working in collaboration with teaching staff, specialist neurodiversity support team and custodial staff.
- Support learner access to education on Outreach.
- Work with learners on a 1:1 or group settings to develop their skills and help them overcome barriers to their learning and progress.
- Ensure residents have appropriate IAG to facilitate progression and employability.
- Support the development of personal and social skills to maximise work readiness and employability e.g. CV writing, interview techniques, communication skills, job applications.
- Implement measures supporting learners to stay on course and take appropriate action where required.
- Work closely and liaise with internal stakeholders and the Neurodiversity & Inclusion Development Lead, in developing education support and opportunities in conjunction for individual young people, to enable a holistic approach relevant to the young people.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance (or equivalent) as a minimum
- Experience of working with young people and adults with varying levels of abilities in an educational setting.
- Experience of working with disaffected young people in an educational or secure environment
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with children and young people with a wide range of additional needs
- Experience of working or liaising with a range of support agencies.
- Knowledge of the Youth Justice System
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workloads in order to meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Open minded and positive attitude, with the ability to co-ordinate, enthuse and motivate
About The CompanyAt Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Package Description£32107.89 per annum (£28378.65 plus £3,729.24 London Weighting )
Monday to Friday 8am -5pm
Sodexo offers the best range of employee benefits on the market. From discounts that reduce the cost of the weekly shop, to exclusive deals on holidays and keeping active. Our award-winning employee benefits platform offers everything YOU need to make life that little bit better every day.
- Health and wellbeing incentives
- Training and development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Flexible working considered
- Volunteering days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals and parking on site
We’re all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.