Full Job Description
An opportunity has arisen for an Engagement Mentor to work with a wide range of stakeholders to promote participation, generate referrals and to work with a case load of customers.
- Complete comprehensive individual initial diagnostics assessments with customers which will lead to an informed and personalised training and support plan
- Establish and maintain referral and liaison process with other agencies as required (i.e., local referral partners, colleges, training providers and employers) to support peoples; achievement of skills (including certification) and progression to training, education, and employment
- To engage and manage a caseload of learners and provide advocacy, mentoring, advice and guidance and ‘employability’ interventions that meet the needs of individuals to sustain progress on programme and ensure positive outcomes
- Establish and deliver both group and one-to-one activities as part of learner interventions including initial assessments, inductions, and action plans with learners to identify individual learning and employment needs
- Plan and oversee training and other interventions (including taster and enrichment activities) for each learner
- Enable learners to access and use information (including CEIAG)
- Deliver progression interventions with students as required, assisting learners to decide on options for meeting their learning and career needs and provide support for planning a course of action
- Prepare and develop nonregulated resources to support learner progression (learning & employability) and Personal and Social Development (PSD)
- The ability to work to challenging targets under pressure in a highly performance driven environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to obtain information and record information accurately with high level of attention to detail
- A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with young people that support their progression in learning and on to sustained employment
- Flexible approach to work including willingness to travel and working outside of office hours and willingness to undertake training as required
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Must have level 2 Maths & English as a minimum
- Hold full UK Driving License and access to a car
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, methods of recruitment and awareness of growth industries
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting individuals with multiple barriers to progressing to learning, employment and sustained employment
- Knowledge in relation to the support agencies that can assist with individuals with complex needs (e.g. debt, substance misuse, housing, health etc)
- Experience in working with young people and vulnerable customer groups
- Experience in the guidance, training, advice & counselling environments
- Good knowledge of training, education & employment opportunities locally & nationally (including Study Programmes, Traineeship and Apprenticeships
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone including vulnerable adults and young people, we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures which include a DBS check. This will be conducted by Due Diligence Limited (DDC Ltd) on behalf of GC. Please note that the successful candidate will not be required to pay for this.
If you are on the Barred List, it is against the law to apply and to be hired for a role that includes regulated activity with the concerned group.
GC is committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the essential requirements for a role. This commitment applies to candidates who have a disability or are from an ethnic community.
As part of our application process, you can ask to be considered under this scheme if you are from an ethnic community or have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. Providing that you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will then be invited for an interview. Your guaranteed interview application will only be shared with the recruiting manager and our Internal recruitment team.
GC aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Going forward we will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles. We also recognise that there may be a need for more permanent flexibility in your working arrangements and in such cases, we encourage you to have these discussions at the interview stage, to enable your flexible working request to be considered as early as possible.
Should you apply for any of our roles, we will be completing interviews virtually or face to face, dependent on the role. This will be explained further should you reach interview stage. We will be more than happy to explain the measures we have put in place, ahead of you attending any of our premises.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free or subsidised travel
- Gym membership
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person