Full Job Description
The Growth Company’s (GC) employment business unit has an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager, working on our Refugee Employment Programme in Yorkshire & Humber.
GC is a fast-growing, purpose-based social enterprise and, as part of our mission for positive change, we deliver services for the Home Office, working with refugees across Yorkshire & Humber. Our services focus on supporting individuals holistically, ensuring they have access to all the support they need to progress and move forward into employment.
As a Service Manager you will lead a team of delivery staff including Employment Advisors and Administrators to support the achievement of outcomes and deliver the performance expectations of the Refugee Employment Programme.
We are looking for talented individuals who have language skills in Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Urdu, Turkish, Dari, Kurdish, Kurdish Sorani, Swahili, Albanian, or other languages that would be beneficial in supporting refugees in the UK, but this is not essential. Also, if you have personal experience of resettlement, we would be keen to hear from you (this is not essential).
Agile working options are available for this role. Our roles will be predominantly based in the following locations: Leeds, Bradford and across West Yorkshire; Sheffield, Rotherham and across South Yorkshire. There will be a requirement to travel across the region when necessary.
- Ensure the successful delivery of the Refugee Employability Programme.
- Maximise the placing and sustainment of unemployed customers into jobs.
- Ensure Case Managers can support individuals who are refugees to integrate into local communities : Manage Case Managers to support individuals who are refugees to integrate into local communities.
- Ensure teams can support English language acquisition for individuals, where this is required : Manage the support of English language acquisition for Individuals, where this is required.
- You have a good understanding of the employability, and barriers to refugees in this area.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
- Confident people manager.
- Excellent problem-solver.
- Good labour market knowledge and relevant policy (local and national).
- We are looking for a Service Manager who has previous experience working with refugees within employability (essential).
- Personal experience of resettlement is desirable.
- Staff management experience.
- Can effectively communicate and build networks.
- Be proficient in producing written reports to a high standard.
- Well-developed IT skills, including MI systems, spreadsheets and diary management, email, data security.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £44,240.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sheffield: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Any other languages spoken?
- service advisor: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sheffield
Application deadline: 11/06/2023
Reference ID: 3545