Trainee & Qualified National Careers Service Careers Advisers across Yorkshire & Humber
Job type: Permanent full-time roles (37 hours per week). Part time will also be considered.
Locations: Leeds & North Yorkshire
Salary: £24,331.00 per annum FTE for Trainee (£26,208.00 for Qualified)
At EDT we pride ourselves on creating an environment that supports a healthy work life balance for all our staff. We provide policies that encourage flexible working around individual needs. We offer a range of benefits including a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme and additional voluntary money saving benefits* that can be seen below.
30 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rota)
- 6% matched pension scheme
- Discounted gym memberships*
- Health care cash plan*
- Retail discounts*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing App
About the organisation
Education Development Trust has first-rate credentials in providing services that bridge the gap between education, training, and employment. We have been a leading careers service provider in the UK for over 20 years and have a successful rack record of managing programmes delivering careers, employment, and skills support.
Do you want to support people to change their lives? Are you looking for a new challenge or wanting to change your career? If yes ,have you considered the role of a trainee Careers Adviser?
At EDT we provide the support, training and qualifications needed for you to become a fully qualified Careers Adviser. This role will deliver the National Careers Service contract within local communities to a wide range of adults. Employing a person-centered approach, we help individuals recognise their strengths and skills, improve their employability, and explore and manage their available career opportunities. Working together, we support people to take positive steps in achieving their career goals.
As an organisation EDT provide a wide range of services that help transform the lives of people around the world. Our National Careers Service contract provides world class Careers Advice and Guidance to more than 100,000 adults annually across a range of community settings within England.
- Provide careers advice and guidance in a one-to-one setting or group workshops to support customers with their career aspirations.
- Help customers identify and consider the range of choices available to them and outline possible ways forward, using a range of tools and resources.
- Undertake administration duties to ensure that all delivery evidence is complete and compliant in line with contract and quality standards.
- Meet targets for number of customer appointment, percentage of customers into learning and work to support contract delivery commitments.
- Produce an action plan for employment, education, and training to help customers achieve their goals.
- Discuss with customers how to overcome any barriers to reaching their goals and signpost them to other agencies for advice where appropriate.
- Attract new customers and partnerships to the service, e.g. community organisations, Job Centre Plus, training and Higher Education providers.
- Demonstrate genuine curiosity in the customer, their needs and their aspirations.
The right person:
- Enjoy working with people to help them achieve their ambitions.
- Comfortable working in a target driven environment.
- Have a professional and friendly attitude.
- Have an open-mind and be non-judgmental.
- Want to make a difference and be able to bring out the best in others.
- Be approachable and articulate.
- An ability to organise, prioritise and be methodical.
- Have excellent administration and IT skills.
- Produce work to a strong written standard.
- Committed to studying towards a Careers, Information & Guidance qualification if you don’t already hold the Level 4 qualification in IAG.
Deadline for applications: Midnight Sunday 5 November.
Recruitment/introduction to Careers day will take place on the 14 November in Sheffield, details will be sent in advance to all candidates who are invited.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.
At Education Development Trust, we strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and knows they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks. We’re committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Education Development Trust an inclusive place to work. If you have specific requirements or adjustments, please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application. We are proud to be a member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.