The ERSA Employability Awards 2022 – open for entry!
Please share with your colleagues, networks and partners!
The industry awards are an opportunity to recognise your staff and organisation’s achievements in supporting the nations jobseekers and learners.
- The awards are open and free to enter until 1 October – for individuals, organisations and employers!
- Judged by an independent panel of experts Including Dr Katy Jones, Research Fellow, Centre for Decent Work and Productivity; Naomi Phillips, Director of Policy, Research & Influencing, Learning and Work Institute, Jagdeep Soor, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Pathways Group, Nicola Inge, Employment & Skills Director, Business in the Community and Gill Holmes, Director – Contract Management and Partner Delivery, Department for Work and Pensions
- Sponsorship available! Get in touch with Laura (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an informal chat
- Thank you to our sponsors so far, including; BDB Pitmans LLP, Fedcap Employment/Fedcap Scotland, Institute of Employability Professionals, The Digital College and The Learning Curve Group.
Here’s what ERSA is asking for in your submission!
- Contact details of person submitting the entry
- Name of the organisation submitting the entry
- Award category (see below for the 10 options)
- Name of delivery partner, employer, colleague, team, manager, successful jobseeker or sector leader!
- 300 word summary (if shortlisted we’ll use this to promote the entry)
- 750 word entry (explaining why you feel that your organisation (or nominee) meets with, and excels against, the criteria of the award. Your entry should include examples, case studies or delivery statistics which highlight your entry as an exemplar. NOTE: Supporting documents are not included in your 750 word entry limit, these can be attached separately but do remember to reference the evidence briefly.
- Supporting evidence (exert from things like impact reports, appraisals, feedback, testimonies etc)
- Optional – presentation slides and or a short video which may be added to ERSA’s Employability showreel on YouTube.
The award categories:
- Frontline Adviser of the Year – sponsored by The Institute of Employability Professionals
Employment advisers and job coaches who have demonstrated exceptional commitment in a frontline role
- Frontline Manager of the Year – sponsored by The Institute of Employability Professionals
Frontline managers or team leaders who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to leading their frontline team to excellent performance and customer achievements
- Employer of the Year – sponsorship available
Employers showing exceptional commitment by partnering with providers in their area, supporting disadvantaged and long-term unemployed jobseekers
- Significant Achiever of the Year – sponsored by Learning Curve
Organisations delivering employability programmes can nominate exceptional jobseekers and learners they support
- Team of the Year – Disability and health – sponsorship available
Frontline teams providing disability and wellbeing services, including mental health support and social prescribing
- Team of the Year – Hardest hit – sponsorship available
Frontline teams supporting individuals and communities in hardest hit sectors, including low-paid workers, young people NEET, diverse communities, experience of the justice system, women, older workers, people with learning disabilities and other disadvantaged groups
- Team of the Year – Hidden heroes – sponsorship available
Working behind the scenes to enable services: IT/digital services, service design, research and evidence
- Sector Innovator of the Year – sponsorship available
Roll out of IT equipment to participants, digital accessibility, behind the scenes innovation to change ways of working
- Community Partnership of the Year – sponsorship available
Organisations working together to form partnerships that support local communities already furthest from the labour market, and have been hit hardest by the pandemic
- Outstanding Contribution to the Sector – sponsored by Fedcap Employment and Fedcap Scotland
A truly inspiring individual who will be nationally recognised as a champion and ambassador for the sector
Once the official close, the entries will be collated and sent to our judging panel who will then come together to collectively choose the shortlist!
Judged by an independent panel of sector experts, this year they include;
- Dr Katy Jones, Research Fellow, Centre for Decent Work and Productivity
- Naomi Phillips, Director of Policy, Research & Influencing, Learning and Work Institute
- Jagdeep Soor, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Pathways Group
The shortlist will be announced on 3 November
This year, we’ll be announcing the shortlist at a members networking meeting in London. Details will be shared in the autumn, if you can’t make it, the shortlist will also be announced on the afternoon of the 3 November, when we’ll also write to all submitters. In the event you have been successful we’ll provide a ‘finalist toolkit’ including a suggested press release template for you to make a big splash across your own networks and media outlets. If you haven’t already made a video or presentation, you’ll have an opportunity to submit that at this point!
The winners will be announced on 30 November
Save the date for 30 November for an evening ceremony, which will take place in person as part of the ERSA Conference (30 November – 1 December 2022, Midlands venue to be confirmed shortly). Those shortlisted will receive two tickets to the awards dinner to celebrate your achievements. Tickets will shortly go on sale for the ERSA Conference and Awards Dinner, we will hold some back for those shortlisted to purchase additional tickets, individually or by table.
Finally, on behalf of the ERSA Team, we wish you every success and luck if you do decide to enter! Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.
The ERSA Team
Share with your colleagues, partners and networks!
Why not post on social media telling your networks you’ve submitted an entry? Or encourage your networks and partners to do the same, who knows they might include you in their entry too! If you do, please use #ERSAAwards22 and make sure you give us a follow too. We’re on Twitter, Linkedin and facebook.
Enter the @ERSA_news Employability Awards 2022
Free and simple to enter