Award Category: Significant Achiever of the Year
Sponsored by Learning Curve
Recognising a specific jobseeker who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to overcoming barriers to enter and maintain work.
This award seeks to recognise a successful former jobseeker who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to overcome significant personal and/or social barriers to enter and maintain employment. Employment related services providers are asked to nominate jobseekers who:
- Have surpassed expectations in overcoming barriers to work.
- Have demonstrated personal dedication above and beyond expectations to improve their employability.
- Have successfully moved into sustained employment and grown in their job to acquire new skills and responsibilities.
- Have acted as a positive role model in inspiring other jobseekers to follow their example.
- Attract testimonials from advisers and their employer, who can vouch for the journey that has been undertaken and the success achieved.
The award winner will be a truly inspiring individual who will have overcome adversity and demonstrated immeasurable dedication to overcome barriers to work and achieve sustained employment.
Significant Achiever of the Year 2021
Nominated by Offploy CIC
Jolene Thompson-Carney has faced many challenges – she became a drug user at the age of 11 and was later jailed for eight and a half years for a dealing offence. But with the support of Offploy, she has turned her life around, has a job as a line operative/labourer and is also encouraging others towards positive change.
Highly commended: Theo Thomas-Afonso, nominated by Fedcap Employment
Further information on the awards
- The ERSA Awards are free to enter for organisations, non ERSA membership organisations are welcome to submit applications
- Only entries received via the online form can be considered by the judges
- The submissions link can be found at surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ERSAAwards22
- Sponsorship enquiries should be emailed to Laura
- Full details at dev.ersa.org.uk/ersaawards22 Awards hashtag #ERSAAwards22
- Why apply for an ERSA Award?
- How to write a winning award entry
They give businesses, further education providers and individuals access to a better future. Whether you’re looking to upskill your workforce, struggling to deliver key pieces of the curriculum or ready to progress your career but aren’t sure where to start, Learning Curve breaks down the barriers you are facing.