|Don’t forget to register to attend: Moving On Conference 2022: The Future of Prison Education
Our event is now less than 2 weeks away. If you’re coming, don’t forget to register by clicking on the link below. The deadline to register is 5pm on Friday 8th July.
Prison education plays a vital role in empowering individuals to transform their lives. The Prisons Strategy White Paper laid bare the importance of offender learning in reducing reoffending rates. And last month a major report by the House of Commons Education Select Committee set out a series of recommendations for improving prison education. But how can we build a Prison Education Service fit for the 21st century?
As we all grapple with the big questions facing Prison Education, I am delighted to invite you to the Moving On Conference 2022, a brand-new national conference which is free to attend.
Moving On Conference: The Future of Prison Education
Date: Monday 18th July 2022
Location: Congress Centre, 28 Great Russell St, London, WC1B 3LS
With speakers and attendees from across the education, employment and justice sectors, this one-day conference, organised by Novus and the LTE Group, will explore the policy and pedagogy behind prison education, offering an opportunity to hear and share new ideas, along with plenty of chances to network.
We are working with organisations across the sector on this landmark event, and are delighted to have the support of our partners the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) and the Association of Colleges (AoC). The conference host will be Shane Chowen, editor of FE Week, our media partners for the event.
We will be announcing the full list of speakers in the coming days, but those who have already confirmed their participation include:
- Fred Sirieix and Simon Sheehan, The Right Course
- Philip Wheatley, former Director-General of HM Prison Service and the National Offender Management Service
- Jane Hickie, Chief Executive, Association of Employment and Learning Providers
- Jon Collins, Chief Executive, Prisoners’ Education Trust
- David Hughes, Chief Executive, Association of Colleges
- Dr Rebecca Clare, Curriculum Adviser for Further Education and Skills, Ofsted
- Ed Dorrell, Director, Public First
- Peter Cox, Managing Director, Novus
To register to attend the conference free of charge, visit the link below.