The next meeting will be held on 7 October 2021 at 9am and is open to ERSA members, employers and guests. Register for a joining link, follow ERSA via https://ersa.eventbrite.com to be notified when events go live.
Please send in your speaker suggestions for future meetings via [email protected], we are particularly looking for employer participation.
The ERSA Employer Engagement Forum was formed as part of ERSA’s collaborative project with Jo Ingold at Deakin University and Tony Carr of 4 Front Partners. The aim of the Forum is to increase the effectiveness of employment and skills initiatives by improving business engagement by:
- Influencing government and opposition parties about the importance of employers as a customer of employability and skills programmes
- Influencing commissioners to take account of the demand-side (employers) at the very start of the commissioning process
- Feeding in evidence and data to both commissioners and the employability sector
- Exploring and mapping good practices where they already exist
- Sharing good practice and resources to overcome challenges to business engagement
The first forum came together in April 2020, as the first ERSA Online meeting, our answer to lockdown.
Watch part of the meeting on 1 December, Making Kickstart Inclusive
watch again (26 mins)
Making first calls to new employers
Audrey Bodman, Expert Trainer, Outshine Telephone Training & Resources
Marks and Start after lockdown
Leanne Rivett, Marks & Start Employability Manager, Marks and Spencer
ERSA and sector update
Elizabeth Taylor, Chief Executive, ERSA
19 August 2020 included updates on;
- ERSA and Leeds University Business School employer engagement project
- The Growth Company will reflect on their good practice employer engagement approach
- Cognisoft will discuss the use of technology to inform good employer engagement
ERSA members can view slides and further information in the Members Toolkit.
Open to ERSA members and guests. ERSA members can sign up to the forum by registering for a future meeting or selecting 'employer engagement' in their subscription preferences.
Forum members have been asked to consider the following points;
- What would you like the Employer Engagement Forum to do for your organisation?
- Please send us your suggestions for future speakers
- Would you like to showcase the work of your organisation, or talk about a particular challenge?
- Please also send us your thoughts about collaboration and co-opetition in commissioning
More information on how to join ERSA membership here
Continue the conversation:
Join the conversation over on Linkedin for regular updates and collaboration (open access to all with an interest)