Award Category: Frontline Manager of the Year
sponsored by The Institute of Employability Professionals
Recognising a Frontline manager demonstrating exceptional commitment to leading their frontline team to excellent performance and customer achievements.
This award seeks to recognise an individual managing front-line staff, who has demonstrated exceptional commitment, enabling their team to help jobseekers to overcome barriers to enter and maintain work. This individual will be overachieving against expectations and offering their team a supportive and focussed culture in which to thrive. Providers are asked to nominate managers who:
- Have gone above and beyond the reasonable expectations of their employer (and of the wider industry), in their commitment to customer service.
- Have a sustained track record over a significant period of demonstrable high performances
- Have developed a customer-centred ethos, leading by example and enabling their team to apply best-practice in the support they provide jobseekers.
- Attract testimonials from team members, colleagues and directors who can vouch for the specific impact that this person’s efforts have made to their team’s performance and standards.
The award winner will be a truly inspiring industry exemplar of how effectively and compassionately to support front-line staff who are working in a challenging environment, supporting long-term unemployed people into successful and sustainable employment.
Frontline Manager of the Year 2021
Julie Howells, Derventio Housing Trust
Julie leads by example, embraces a customer-centred ethos and truly values her team. She has exceptional management and organisational skills, compassion and commitment and has set up and delivered four employability contracts from scratch. But it’s Julie’s highly supportive attitude towards her team that really makes her stand out.
Further information on the awards
- The ERSA Awards are free to enter for organisations, non ERSA membership organisations are welcome to submit applications
- Only entries received via the online form can be considered by the judges
- The submissions link can be found at surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ERSAAwards22
- Sponsorship enquiries should be emailed to Laura
- Full details at dev.ersa.org.uk/ersaawards22 Awards hashtag #ERSAAwards22
- Why apply for an ERSA Award?
- How to write a winning award entry
The Institute of Employability Professionals
Sponsor of the Frontline Adviser of the Year
The IEP is the membership body for employability professionals, the people who support others gain work, progress in work and retain work.
IEP’s vision is ‘Employability professionals everywhere are the best they can be’.
Our members are dedicated to improving the lives of people who are most disadvantaged in society, such as those in need by reason of youth, age, ill health, disability, financial or those facing other challenges such as ex- offenders and homelessness. They do this by equipping people with the skills, knowledge and resources that they need to improve their employability opportunities that will lead them into fulfilling jobs.
Our purpose is to provide and advance learning in the Employability Sector and empower individuals to perform to a professional standard, champion employability as a recognised profession, secure employer recognition and create a network of opportunity.