ERSA UK LTD is a not for profit company limited by guarantee, currently in the process of changing our legal status to a charity. Company number 05384160 with its registered office at 27 Old Gloucester Street London London WC1N 3AX. This Privacy Statement explains how ERSA use the personal information we collect and your right to access, make changes or remove entirely.
The Employment Related Services Association (ERSA) is the membership body for the employment support sector. Established in 2005, we campaign for and support the delivery of ever better services for the nation’s jobseekers and learners.
The Data Protection Officer for ERSA is Laura Benfield, Head of Membership and Events, see contact details below.
Collection of your personal data
Engagement with ERSA may be through registration of an event, email, telephone conversation, via the ERSA website or social media channels. When you engage with ERSA we only collect and store the following information;
- Your name, job title, email address, organisation, subscription preferences and any other information you choose to provide us.
- ERSA may also collect information about how you use our emails– for example whether you open them and which links you click on, details of which version of web browser or operating system.
- Information on how you use the ERSA website, using cookies and page tagging techniques to improve your user experience.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to other organisations, such as the police, for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime.
Use of your personal data
The lawful basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only;
- where we have your consent to do so;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
- where you have joined ERSA membership, registered for an ERSA event, subscribed to receive ERSA mailings or had an email exchange with us, we are relying on the lawful basis of consent.
We will use the personal data you have provided to us to send you email alerts and gather feedback to improve our email alerts. We may also occasionally contact you to improve our service.
Details about the lawful bases for processing personal data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website. (https://ico.org.uk/)
How we store and retain your personal data
ERSA will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected.
In most cases, where you have subscribed to an ERSA mailing we will keep your personal data for as long as you are subscribed to that service.
The data will be removed and acknowledged if you request to be removed.
Disclosure and security of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties when permitted to do so including:
• with your consent;
• where we have partnered with an organisation to deliver a project, campaign or event and we are acting as a processor;
• if we have a lawful basis for doing so;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes providing your personal data to other organisations, such as the Police, for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime.
ERSA will never share or sell your personal data to other organisations for their direct marketing purposes.
We will notify you of whom your personal data will be shared with and where it is stored.
All personal data you provide to us will be stored securely, both physically and electronically, in accordance with our policies. We have an information security process in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
In addition, we (or processors acting on our behalf) may also store or process your personal data in countries outside the European Economic Area but only where we are assured of the security of the data. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to minimise the possibility of the loss or unauthorised access of your personal data.
Data processors and online office tools
ERSA uses third party companies as data processors to provide electronic management and analysis of data, these include Eventbrite, Mailchimp and Survey Monkey. ERSA also manages some of its contact lists using IT systems, stored within online systems called dropbox and google docs. Where we use third party providers, information will be provided to you when you subscribe to that service. Details of the more widely used third-party email subscription services are below.
ERSA uses dropbox as a secure online storage facility which is password protected and only accessible via the ERSA staff team. Dropbox security and privacy setting can be found here. https://www.dropbox.com/help/security
Microsoft Dynamics CRM
ERSA uses Microsoft Dynamics to record membership information which includes the following;
• The primary contact for ERSA matters, job title, email address, organisation, telephone number and membership category.
ERSA uses mailchimp to manage ERSA stakeholders, preferences and send emails. Mailchimp is the main processor of personal information, other online tool and ERSA IT systems where lists are held such as Eventbrite and Microsoft Office are regularly and systematically checked for changes in personal data including changes to subscription preferences.
Mail Chimp has staff based outside the European Economic Area, and stores your data in the US. Mail Chimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework
ERSA uses Survey Monkey to collect feedback from events or submissions such as award entries for the ERSA Employability Awards.
The lawful basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the specific context in which we collect it;
• when collecting feedback for events, projects or campaigns the personal information you provide will be used for analysis only
• when collecting award entries for the ERSA Employability Awards, we will use personal information against predefined and published criteria against each entry for judging. We will use the contact information provided to keep in touch about the awards.
Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither ERSA or Google, associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session. ersa.org.uk
The ERSA website also uses a number of other cookies that are essential to the operation of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Get in touch
If you have any queries relating to this Privacy Statement or wish to notify us about any of the information set out above, please contact us: