ERSA delivers a range of online forums, networks and working groups for our members. Head over to the live events page for up to date with links to register, you can also find us on Eventbrite. (follow ERSA there to be notified when new events go live for registration).
Contact the team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UKSPF Forum, 30 March
- Justice and Rehabilitation Forum, 6 April
- Kickstart Forum, 8 April
- HR Forum: Employment and the pandemic, 14 April (postponed)
- Youth Employment Event, 22 April
- Employment Support Scotland, 23 April
- Employability Day, 30 April
- Digital Forum, 5 May – sponsored by Aptem Employ
- Kickstart Forum, 5 May
- Recruitment and Recovery, 11 May
- Employment Support Wales, 19 May
- ERSA BOARD MEETING: STRATEGY, 20 May
- Member Exclusive: Beyond Boom or Bust Series, 24 May
- Youth Employment/Youth hubs Forum, 27 May
- Employment Support for Women, 1 June
- Kickstart Forum, 2 June – 10am
- Boom or Bust Workshop 1 for large providers – 14 June
- ERSA Awards open – 18 June *closed for judging in October – the shortlist will be announced on 2 November, more details and register now
- Leveraging new technologies for social issues, 1 July
- Kickstart Forum, 7 July
- Kickstart Roundtable with the National Audit Office (NAO), 8 July
- Enterprise Wors Forum, 8 July
- World Youth Skills Day 2021, 15 July
- Partnerships and Programmes across Housing, Health and Work, 20 July
- Beyond Boom or Bust: Achieving Sustainability for the Employability Sector
- Disability, Health and Employment Forum, 27 July
- ERSA Digital Forum, 29 July
- Kickstart Community Forum, 4 August
- Employment Support Scotland, 6 August *Are you delivering Employment Support in Scotland only? Join the ESS network for £400 and gain access to full ERSA benefits, see here for details or contact the team
- Kickstart Forum, 1 September
- Disability, Health and Employment, 7 September
- Youth Hubs and Employment Support Providers, 7 September
- Boom or Bust Workshop 3 for Employment Support Scotland members, 20 September
- Justice and Rehabilitation Forum, 20 September
- Boom or Bust Workshop 4 for ERSA Board/tiers 1 and 2/sector leaders, 29 September
- HR Forum, 28 September
Ask an expert with Caroline Yarrow, BDB Pitmans LLP
- Secure Homes and Work Forum, 29 September
- DWP’s Employment Data Lab, 4 October – watch on demand, download the slides
- Youth Employment Event, 5 October – 1-5pm
- Kickstart Forum, 6 October – 10am
- Employer Engagement Forum – 7 October
- Employment Support for Women, 11 October – 11am
- Kickstart Community Forum, 13 October – 1pm
- Follow up meeting with Nick Riddle, DWP
Register now for other sector events in October!
To mark World Mental Health Day, IPS Grow are holding a national learning event.
Amazing Apprenticeships/Youth Employment UK: Developing Quality Apprenticeships Conference Series
Supporting young, disadvantaged people into apprenticeships, 19 October, full details, other dates and to register see here.
Not only is it the right thing to do, but with 77% of millennials and genZ wanting to work with inclusive organisations, supporting young, disadvantaged people widens the talent pool and strengthens the recruitment pipeline.
Join expert speakers from The Social Mobility Commission, Impetus, EDSK, Essex County Council and the Department for Education to explore the latest policy developments aimed at helping young people into apprenticeships to understand how your organisation can affect change for the better.
Learning and Work Institute: Youth Employment and Skills Summit: Is it ‘job done’ for young people? 20 October – 9.45am – 2pm
Full speaker line up and registration link to join for free here
9.45am – Welcome and introductions
10am – Keynote speech: Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Employment)
10.30am – Panel discussion: Levelling up: Supporting youth employment locally
11.15am – Coffee break
11.30am – Panel discussion: Employers: Building forward better
- Careers education in the recovery;
- Unequal impacts for young people facing disadvantage;
- Expanding high quality apprenticeships and technical education for young people
- Colocation and localising youth provision;
- Flexing delivery for the future
1pm – Coffee break
1.10pm – Final keynote: Steve Rotherham, Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region
2pm – Close
IEP SUMMIT 2021 – ‘Developing Productive People’, 21 October – 10am – 5pm
Location: Great Room, RSA House, 8 John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6EZ
Registration: 10.00am including light breakfast, refreshments and networking
Keynotes, panel and open discussion: 10.30am
Drinks Reception: 4 – 5pm
– Announcing your new chairs Kim Pattison and Mary Pooley, NFCE
– With Analysis from the Autumn Budget and Spending Review
– and Award finalists rise to ‘The Covid Employability Challenge’
– Policy updates including early results from the ERSA Kickstart Survey
Take the survey now https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KSGatewaysurvey
Autumn Budget and Spending Review Analysis: What next for UKSPF – implications for Employment Support? 3 November, 2pm
Elizabeth Taylor, Chief Executive, ERSA talks to Stephen Evans, Chief Executive, Learning and Work Institute
For more events coming up visit ersa.org.uk/events.
Employer Engagement Forum , 9 November – 9am
Theme: Local Collaboration for filling jobs and supporting employers
Following the last meeting, Associate Professor Jo Ingold, Deakin University will chair and facilitate discussion around local collaboration. We are joined by Claire Lane, Serco’s Employer Engagement Manager who will provide insight and shared experience of working with organisations locally to support employers and jobseekers.
ERSA members can register for the next meeting on 18 January, 9am and find a recordings of the last two meetings, including this one, to watch on demand.
Disability, Health and Employment Forum, 16 November – 11am
Latest ERSA, sector and DWP updates, with ERSA member updates, do you have something to share? Get in touch with the team for agenda items via email@example.com.
Latest research! Still Locked Out: Breaking down the barriers to disability inclusive employment – read the report
Nic Murray from Leonard Cheshire will present the latest findings of this report.
Join ERSA and Centre for Ageing Better for updates and future priorities around better employment support for the over 50s.
Interested in chairing this forum? If you are a fully paid up member of ERSA with experience of the issues around better employment support for the over 50’s, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat.
- Kickstart Forum
Joshua Reddaway from the National Audit Office presented the NAO report on the Kickstart Scheme, featuring the House of Lords Report on Youth Unemployment and ERSA’s Kickstart Paper.
- Youth Employment Forum
ERSA, DWP and YFF updates
- The Disability Employment Charter
With presentations from Learning at Work Institute, Prof Kim Hoque’s new Disability Employment Charter and Leonard Cheshire’s latest research ‘Still Locked Out’
- Employment Support Scotland
UKSPF and implications for Scotland from the Spending Review 2021